The aim of the European Forum for Primary Care (EFPC) Forum is to improve the health of the population by promoting strong Primary Care. This is done by advocating for Primary Care, by generating information and evidence on Primary Care and by exchanging information between the members of the Forum. EFPC was initiated in early 2005 by a group of interested parties from several countries. EFPC is based at NIVEL – the Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research in Utrecht, The Netherlands and the Department of Family Medicine and Primary Health Care, Ghent University in Ghent, Belgium.
EFPC is inviting applicants to apply for the position of:
EFPC Coordinator, junior position
For an average of 28 hours/week
- Networking for the Forum through visiting conferences, visits or email contacts with (potential) member organizations and the use of social media
- Organization of EFPC events (multi-country Study Visits, conferences, webinars)
- Representing the EFPC at international events by giving presentations
- Planning and production of Position Papers
- Recruitment of members in targeted countries and professional groups
- Coordination of EFPC inputs to EC consultations
- Guidance of EFPC working groups
- Preparation of funding requests
Coordination of the content of the Forum's website and newsflashes in close collaboration and supervised by the current coordinator (available for 16 hours per week)
We ask for
- A clear commitment to the Network's strategic vision and values
- Preferably experience in the field of public health and primary care
- At least a master level degree in (international) public health, social sciences or one of the primary care related disciplines
- Ability to set priorities and superior organizational skills (planning, contracting, budgeting, reporting)
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with higher-level officials and professionals
- Networking and communication skills and competencies to connect relevant organizations and persons, and facilitate strategic partnerships with leverage
- Understanding of knowledge management in an interdisciplinary environment
- The skills to use a variety of communication tools (presentations, newsletters, papers and social media content) and online collaboration tools
- A team player who can facilitate, collaborate and enable (rather than lead from the front)
- Ability to facilitate necessary proactive activities
- Excellent writing and documentation skills
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and other European languages (clear advantage).
Salary depending on experience, between 24.000 and 26.400 euro gross salary per year based on 28 hours per week.
The initial assignment is for one year, with the possibility of an extension.
The starting date is August 1, 2016. For further information about this position, please contact Diederik Aarendonk, EFPC coordinator, by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone: +31 6 29359635.
General information about EFPC can be found at www.euprimarycare.org
Applications specifying abilities and interest for this position including a curriculum vitae should be sent before June 1, 2016 to EFPC, email@example.com.